Sunday, March 27, 2011

2011 April PAD (Poem-A-Day) Challenge

Reposted from here.

I may make updates to this post as we go along. If I do, I'll put a little "updated" message at the top of 
the post with the date.


*****

This is the initial post for the 2011 April PAD (Poem-A-Day) Challenge, and it will be used to give the general guidelines for the 4th annual challenge.
Main Objective: Write some new poems during the month of April. I provide the prompts (and my own poetic attempt); you write the poems.

Dates:
April 1-30: Beginning at some reasonable time on the morning of April 1, I will provide a prompt. I will repeat this around the same reasonable time (usually between 8-11 a.m. Ohio-Georgia time) throughout the month.

May 5: Each participant will submit his/her five (5) favorite poems from the month. Rules for how to submit are included below.

July 4: After running the Peachtree Road Race in the morning (unless I get up super early), I will make an announcement of the top poems from the month and who the 2011 Poetic Asides Poet Laureate will be (and possibly a few other notes of recognition).

July 5: We'll set our sights on the fourth annual November PAD Chapbook Challenge. (Or so I hope.)

No comments:

Post a Comment